Sam Howard is a musician and composer based in Nashville, TN.
Sam has appeared on hundreds of recordings, alongside such contemporary masters as Mark Knopfler, Chris Thile, and Jerry Douglas.
When not on the road or in the studio, Sam stays busy composing new music, playing gigs, practicing scales, enjoying live music, and drinking very strong coffee.
. . .
Brief Curriculum Vitae:
– BMus ’03 – Studio Music and Jazz Performance – Frost School of Music at the University of Miami
– 2010 musical ambassador to South America and Africa with the U.S. State Department and Jazz at Lincoln Center’s ‘Rhythm Road’ program.
-Composed and premiered four original works for jazz orchestra with the Portland Jazz Composer’s Ensemble.
– Toured extensively nationally and internationally, playing venues of all shapes and sizes, from the Royal Albert Hall to hay-baled tents.
– Lived and worked playing music in New York City from 2004-2008, where he was a founding teacher at the Brooklyn Guitar School.
– Recorded upright and electric bass, guitar, baritone guitar, and harmony vocals as a sideman on hundreds of recordings.